I had just gotten over reading “Vagina Ripped Apart By Water Fountain” when this lil’ news tidbit out of China caught my eye….. “Exploding Chair Destroys Boy’s Ass”
According to a Chinese Blog , “A fourteen-year-old Chinese boy was killed after the office chair he was sitting on exploded, propelling sharp chair parts up into his rectum, resulting in extensive bleeding, to which he succumbed before medical attention could stem the flow.”
“The accident occurred when the boy was alone, sitting on the chair but he managed to overcome the pain and call his father, who summoned an ambulance. However, unfortunately, it took an hour to get him to hospital, by which time it was too late for him.”
“The chair in question was a standard gas cylinder type, where the height is regulated by an adjustable cylinder containing highly pressurized gas, and it was this which exploded, sending high velocity chair parts into the posterior of the unfortunate youth.”
“In fact, it seems a spate of such incidents were reported at this particular hospital – 3 such injuries caused by exploding chairs were reported this month alone, perhaps indicating an influx of poorly manufactured chairs into the area. In 2007 a similar accident also propelled a 20cm part into the rear of a 68-year-old man, who suffered a severe 5cm wound; he survived.”
OUCH!!! Talk about product safety failure…..
Another of those terrible fates Neko wants to put on her list of things to avoid!!